1. I had tomato soup (which is one of my favoritest soups) a few days ago and since then it had been on my mind. So over the long weekend, Nabeel and I made some together and it turned out fab. This three ingredient recipe (which has great reviews) is the one we followed, and it couldn’t have been easier.
The only changes I made were that I used desi ghee instead of butter, added about a teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste, one bay leaf (which I removed before blending) and about two teaspoons of salt instead of one (also used low-sodium chicken stock instead of water). If you’d like to use fresh tomatoes, here’s what they suggested in the comments section: “For fresh tomatoes, we recommend peeling them first. To do this, cut an “X” in the bottom of each tomato then add to boiling water for about 1 minutes. Then plunge into icy water. The peel should come off easily. You will need about 2 pounds of tomatoes to equal 1 (28-ounce) can”. Happy cooking.
2. Always love a good IKEA hack.
3. Yes, I’d like one nutella doughnut milkshake, thanks.
4. Love this color blocked scarf from ASOS (free shipping, free returns).
5. “Inside Melania Trump’s secretive East Wing“. A long but interesting piece (based purely on conjecture and third party anecdotes though) about Melania and her life as the First Lady.
Have a great week, guys.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
– If you haven’t voted for me yet for Masala Awards or have no idea what I’m talking about, I’d love it if you could do it here 🙂
– The winners of the Babel Alchemy giveaway are @shanum.t and @larebsa. Congratulations guys, please get in touch with me for more details!