Welcome Back Chit-Chat
GUYS. Welcome back to the blog! You, me, eraaybaady.
I'm sitting here on my couch (no work desk for me today) with some chai, have one of my new candles on and eating chocolates out of a box (always exciting to get into a proper box once in a while, no?). It's been five weeks since I posted and I'm thrilled to get back to my much-loved, blog editing window and talk to you guys. Just going to do a quick chit chat of all that's happened and what I'm planning for the next few days. Let's talk.
* I came back to Dubai last week and because Nabeel's mom was in town, we spent the last four days just hanging out with her. Had a dinner at our place, took her around the city for a bit, did some talking, tried multiple times to pack 37 kilos worth of luggage into a 30 kg bag (long story, lulz) for her flight last night.
* If anyone missed it, my sister gave birth to the love of my life, my brand new niece, who I am desperately in love with (which is why I was in the US). I've been obsessively staring at her pictures multiple times a day since I've been back and I can't remember a life before her. The first time I became a khala was 15 years ago so this felt like all kinds of new. She's probably going to hate me cos I'm going to be that chipkoo relative of hers who refuses to understand the concept of space.
* I have some serious plans to deep clean our apartment today. We had a few visitors at our place while I was gone and so the entire place has been turned upside down. Baking tins in the laundry room, bed linen in the bathroom (mild exaggeration and/or possible lies here) - but everything is messed up and I cannot breathe until it's all back in its place so today is cleaning day. I'd love to wait for Nabeel to join me on this exciting adventure but right now it feels impossible to wait for him to come back from work so, it's happening now.
* While I was in the US, I was part-time on baby-loving duties and part-time housekeeper. I wanted my sister to not do ANY thing while I was there, so I had a ton of housework to do (she has a big place, mashallah). So I came back to Dubai all bruised and broken, lulz. I want to do a major reset on myself too so after cleanup today, it's going to be major turn-the-house-into-a-spa kind of day. Diffuser, candles, any/all kinds of spray mists, chai, good music, the works. It's all coming out.
* Also, my beauty regime during my trip was limited to brushing my teeth so plan on doing a big skincare/haircare reset sometime this week as well. Bringing out all beauty products to go from gorilla to glam, thanks everyone.
* I haven't seen a movie in weeks now (only saw Raees with my sister while I was there). Being such a fan of the movies, I need to rectify this fast. If you guys saw anything awesome recently tell me. I have my eyes on Split, Rangoon and John Wick 2. Watched Logan last night and loved it.
* Nabeel killed two of my cacti (he's going to kill me for saying this). Don't know how since they can go for weeks without watering but he managed to kill them just by looking at them.
* I ate like there was no tomorrow while I was at my sister's place. I mean, I broke my own records. French toast for breakfast, junk food for lunch and dinner, entire tubs of ice cream for dessert, a gazillion chocolates a day, random snacks all the time, regular coke everyday, it was catastrophic. What I found shocking when I got back though was that I had actually lost a few pounds. Major lulz. If you didn't believe me that I did a lot of housework while there, I'll say it again. Running up and down the stairs at my sister's place about 30 times a day and being on my feet all the time just neutralized it all. Something like this has never happened with me before so this is a moment.
* Made chai for myself this morning and it felt so good. It was the first time since I got back (Nabeel or his mom had been making till now) and I have to say I enjoy the process of chai making just as much as the drinking. It's a legit experience. Felt so good doing it in my own kitchen. Best.
* I'm dying to pick up a book and get back to reading. It's been a few months and I have books literally calling out to me so this weekend I hope to get started on a fresh new one and fix this fast.
* Have really fun posts/projects lined up. Super excited to share with you all. And since I can slip it in, thank you so much for supporting the blog and my job :)
What's been happening with you, guys? Share the big stuff and the small stuff. Hi again.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
+ The candle is Hammam Secret from Rituals.