Launching Our Book Club!
|Nice authentic reading|
Here are the rules for our baby book club.
1. We each read one book every month. You can read more than one, whatever you want. If you can't find any time to read a full book, re-read one of your old faves. Just read something. Develop the habit.
2. At the beginning of each month, I'll share what book I read the month before. You share the ones you read. We talk about what we liked about them, if we recommend them, the works.
3. We don't share spoilers. Anyone who shares spoilers gets blocked. Immediately, urgently, critically, permanently. (I've ignored two people who gave me bad spoilers on a couple of my books last year and partially ruined them for me, I'm not going to be so nice now because hundreds of reading eyes and minds are in question. Don't be badtameez and make your mama proud).
4. We all read whatever books we want. I decided against picking one book only for each month because a) People have different tastes and I don't want this spiraling from an activity of fun to an activity of mental imprisonment. b) Sometimes you just can't get your hands on a book in certain cities/countries so let's not turn this into an acrobatic book-sourcing challenge. (But if you're interested, you can always get your hands on the book I'm reading that month so we read together)
5. We do this for fun and mental enrichment. No part of it should feel like a chore. If you're not enjoying a book, drop it.
Book club updates are going to be on social media, not on the blog. So join up on Facebook here and/or Instagram here. (If a LOT of you want them to be on the blog, then I'll do a blogpost too, but let me know in that case) #dwwbookclub is the hashtag I'll use to keep all the reads together.
That's it. Get your books ready and make sure you've read them by the end of March. If you know what you're going to read, let me know in the comments. I'm going to be reading The Firm by John Grisham.
I'm suddenly so excited. I hope you're suddenly so excited too.
Until next time.